Hello everyone happy to see you are reading the blog and getting a little bit of wisdom from Mareketing Hy.
Lately I have been racking my brain trying to figure out ways I can help you market your videos. You may not know this but I have watched most of your videos and I have been checking in on your companies to see how you are using them. Some of you are doing great and others are slacking.
We have some improvements to make.
Did you know there are 5 million small businesses in America who are all looking to grab a piece of attention from your customer. Every place we go marketers are cramming another thing down our throat and I like it.
It is fascinating to see what others come up with. But, what isn’t so fascinating is how complicated they make it. Once you have a video it is time to deliver your message.
Without further adieu here is:
How to Create the Perfect Video Marketing Page…Listen Up!
Clean up your landing page and stop complication.
I am a huge advocate of simplicity. I like videos that are 90 seconds or less placed on a simple landing page. Long gone are the days of stuff navigation bars, jam packed columns and information overload. You have to keep things simple! Take a look at the landing page below created by crushpath.com
Do you notice how clean it is?
When I see a landing page like this, I feel like I am 8 years old going to bed on Christmas Eve. The awesome thing about this type of page is that it converts, is cost effective, and it takes a few minutes to put together.
No coding needed!
Lets go into a little more depth why these types of pages are so effective. I am going to point out the reason and then give you some pointers on how you can create one for your company.
1. Clean: When you create a nice clean video landing page, you leave the internet surfer with no choice but to read the headline and then click play. Their eyes are focus and they do not get lost in the crazy graphic design which usually costs a fortune. Have you ever heard of the phrase “decision paralysis?” Trust me, we get it all the time. You know when you are looking for a product or a service and you land on a page that has way too much information? What do most of us end up doing? We immediately click back. There are too many choices, too many messages, and too many tabs to choose from so we leave. When you have too much clutter the viewer will usually go into despair and keep searching for a cleaner landing page.
“While your typical sidebar and header approach to a blog post is fine, when it comes down to traffic hitting a landing page with a singular focus on specific action, all of that extraneous stuff causes confusion, distraction, and reduced conversions. Lose the clutter and create the cleanest page possible when you want some action.” copyblogger
How To Create a Clean Page: If you are on a WordPress platform your life just got a lot easier. I use a simple plugin called optimizepress. I can have these styles of landing pages built in a couple of minutes. Coding not required and if you do not have WordPress you use a simple service like Crushpath to develop a clean page.
2. A Well Thought Out Headline: All Headlines should identify the benefit for the consumers. The example above did a great job at this, “Think Big. Spend Small. The Insanely Easy Way To Market And Promote Pretty Much Anything.” Plus did you notice how simple and short it was? Once again the simplicity is the eye catcher.
How To Write A Great Headline. Headlines writing takes a bit of practice to get good at it. I like to use the headlines of the top content writers in the industry. They eat, sleep and breath this stuff so I like to piggy back on their expertiece. Take what they create and modify it to fit your business. Here is a link to a simple guid provided by Copyblogger. Magnetic Headlines For Video Landing Pages.
3. Call to Action (CTA): Anytime you create marketing material, you should include a strong call to action. Never let a customer leave your site without asking them to do something. People change not faster than they make and keep commitments. If you are wanting people to use your product or service then you should ask them to. It sounds so simple right? Well you would be surprised how many videos, landing pages, brochure and flyers get produced without a call to action.
How To Create a Great Call To Action: Make sure to ask for one action and one action only. The “paradox of choice” proves that too many options can lead to no decision at all. Basically you ask yourself what you want the Landing Page to accomplish and then you ask them. It is really simple.
So there you have it, a guide to create the perfect video marketing page.
Remember that each page ought to be optimized to guide your visitors down your page toward the offer that you have laid out. Take control of their action and get them to buy, sign up, or fill out the form.
The money is in the list.
Fresh out of college he started his first business. Which grew into a multi-million dollar company. Mistakes were made and eventually it all ended in disaster. His philosophy needed to change.
The Next year he read 150 business books which gave him the knowledge to start other ventures. Now he runs and operates 2 other companies, Ydraw, one of the world’s hottest explainer video companies, and Yinc, one of the fastest growing Video Marketing Agencies.
Jace loves to help others grow their business and is always happy to help.
Latest posts by Jace Vernon (see all)
- How to Create the Perfect Video Marketing Page - January 2, 2017
- A Simple Truth - December 1, 2016
- How to set up your YouTube Channel and why it matters. - November 21, 2016